This is hands down my favorite comfort food that reminds me so much of my childhood! So easy to make and I promise it will become a family favorite !
3 medium sized potatoes
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
12-14 corn tortillas
Enough oil to coat bottom of fry pan
- Peel and cut potatoes, place in Pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until soft.
- Heat a seperate skillet and add the ground beef, onions, spices, and salt. Cook until Beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, pull out of water and allow to cool.
- Mash the potatoes, I use a ricer, add to meat mixture along with shredded cheese and set aside.
- Heat corn tortillas over open flan or skillet to soften one or two at a time.
- Fill tortilla 1/4 cup of mixture, fold over and hold taco together with wooden toothpick.
- Make all the tacos before you start frying.
- I don’t like to deep fry so I just pan fry with a smaller amount of oil.
- Don’t crowd them and flip only once until crispy and golden brown.
- I place them a little elevated to drain any excess oil.
- I hope the pictures help!