If I ever want to boost my culinary ego I make Arroz Con Pollo ! My family will “Ohhh and Ahhh” and it always blows my mind because it’s such a simple dish! I wanted to try something different and I’m so happy I did because they all loved it !
2-3 pounds chicken, in pieces, your preference, white or dark meat
1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
1 onion, diced
6 garlic cloves, diced
3 Poblano Peppers, Fire Roasted, skins, stems & seeds removed and sliced
1 1/2 cups basmati rice
4 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 bag petite sweet peas, frozen
- Heat oil in large dutch oven.
- Salt chicken on both sides and brown chicken well on both sides.
- Keep the flame on high. Remove the chicken and add the onion, garlic and rice until onion is soft and rice is lightly browned.
- Add the broth, Poblano Peppers, spices, return the chicken and adjust salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Open lid, add peas and cilantro. Cover and allow to sit 15 minutes.
- Toss and serve !