Sounds weird ? Maybe… but it totally works! I promise. Takes a bit to make but not difficult at all! Wait till you taste …
1 1/2-2 pound pork belly
1/2 onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, whole no need to peel
Salt & pepper
1 bay leaf
1 cup beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper both sides of pork belly generously
- Pour the broth into Instant Pot bowl, add the onion, garlic and pork belly.
- Sprinkle with thyme, oregano and bay leaf.
- Set to High Pressure for 30 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release.
- Take the pork belly out of pressure cooker and allow to cool in order to handle.
- Chop the pork belly.
- Place on a parchment covered sheet pan with 3-4 small sweet potatoes or yams cut in half and cut side down.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake at 375 convection for 30 minutes .
- Set up with all your favorite toppings and enjoy!