I’ve been playing with this recipe trying to get it just right. I hated the levening taste I would get every time I made it … I tried using less only to end up with a flat and boring muffin… so here’s what I did!
Keto Basic Flax Dough
1 cup Flax Meal
2 large egg
1/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
1 teaspoon baking powder (make sure it’s gluten Free)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat a large cast iron skillet.
- Whisk together all ingredients and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes but no more than 10.
- Place 5 English muffin molds on hot skillet and brush ghee, lard or coconut oil all around the mold and on skillet side.
- Allow to heat until you start to see a little smoke.
- Regrease if you feel nessesary.
- Using a medium/large cookie scoop, scoop a nice heaping amount in each mold.
- You will have exactly enough for 5 muffins.
- You will see them rise beautiful and almost come to the top of the mold. Once this happens using a metal spatula flip the muffin with the mold.
- Cook until this side as nice and golden brown.
Makes 5 Muffins .
To make pizza crust :
- Heat oven to 425.
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Brush the parchment paper with olive oil, lard or coconut oil.
- After whisking the ingredients and allowing them to rest pour the mixture into the middle to parchement covered pizza pan. Using a spatula or wet fingers spread the dough to desired thickness.
- Bake until nice and fluffy (about 8 minutes)
- Take out… top and place back in oven until the cheese is melted and you are done.