My son is a lover of Pizza ! I think if he had it daily he would be fine with that! Of course I’m always on the hunt for healthier options … this dough is stupid good! Does not break apart or get soggy… holds up to the sauce, cheese and as many toppings as you cram on it ! Here’s how I made it !
2 3/4 cup bobs red mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour
1/2 cup flaxmeal
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 teaspoon sugar or honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the flour, flaxmeal, chia seeds and salt … mix and set aside .
- Combine the warm water, yeast and salt or honey in another bowl and allow to bloom at least 5 minutes.
- In your stand mixer combine the dry ingredients with the bloomed liquid and the egg and oil.
- Set timer to 10 minutes and knead in stand mixer. Stop it if you have to to scrape the sides until everything is incorporated.
- Place your dough ball in greased bowl, cover, place in warm dark spot and allow to rise for 1 hour! Let it rise ! It will double in size.
- Divide dough in half and either roll on floured surface or press down to shape.
- Makes 1 thin crust pizzas or one thick crust.
- Poke a few holes before baking in a 450 degree oven for 8 minutes …
- Take out, sauce and top, bake an additional 5 minutes or until your cheese is gooey and melted !