I was starving and went through Starbucks Drive thru when I saw what I thought was a healthy option. I bought them, inhaled them and thought “wow” this is pretty awesome! I got home and look up the ingredients … ugh… not bad but not good either … so I attempted to recreate and the kids and I loved them. Here is the recipe:
3 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
6 cubes gruyere cheese
3 slices bacon, cooked and cut into 1/3
- Set your Sous Vide to 167 degrees, while it’s heating up prepare he following.
- Blend the eggs, cream cheese, Cheddar, salt & pepper for at least 30 seconds.
- Spray 3 small wide mouth jars with cooking spray.
- Arrange the bacon at the bottom of jar followed by gruyere cubes.
- Divide the egg between the 3 jars.
- Cover and hand tighten.
- When Sous Vide reaches temperature drop the jars into water (I used tongs)
- Cook for 35 minutes (check by taking out a jar and open to check firmness.