My kids go nuts when I make this. Funny thing is it’s seriously the easiest recipe I know! Before my Instant Pot it would take over an hour to make… now it takes about 35 minutes!
2-3 pounds of chicken, whole, thighs, breast, drumsticks, whatever you prefer
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
4 cups water
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin
3 oz. California or New Mexico dried Chile pods
- Place all ingredients in pressure cooker starting with the chile pods at the bottom and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When cycle is complete release the pressure and carefully remove the chicken and set aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients in the blender and allow to cool.
- Blend well for at least 2 minutes on high. If you are not using a Blendtec or Vitamin you must strain mixture after blending.
- Place the chicken back into pressure cooker. Pour the sauce oven the chicken.
- Keep on warm setting until ready to serve
- You can absolutely freeze the leftover sauce… makes the best enchilada sauce you will ever have.