How awesome is this? Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo tortillas that actually hold up to fillings. This recipe is so easy to make anyone with any skill level can do it.
3 large plantains, cut into 6 pieces with peel on
1 heaping tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
– Boil the plantains until soft and drain.
– Cool for a few minutes and remove peel.
– Place plantains, nutritional yeast and salt in food processor and pulse until well mixed and it looks like dough.
– Make 14-16 dough balls
– See picture and cut a gallon size bag to use with tortilla press. If you don’t have a tortilla press you can mash the dough balls.
– Use a vegetable spray if needed on the bag used for pressing tortillas
– Heat Cast Iron pan or skillet and cook each tortilla until tortilla bubbles and is golden.
Store in refrigerator in plastic bag up to a week