Seriously these are ridiculous! So gooey, buttery, sweet and just plain good. Gluten free baked goods are just BLAH sometimes … I have ideas on how to make them a bit prettier next time but I promise you won’t care what they look like. My daughters are vegans so this recipe is vegan but you are welcome to use regular milk and butter if you choose to!
2 cups almond, cashew or hemp milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
4 1/2 cups Cup 4 Cup, Bob’s Red Mill, flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 bar earths balance vegan butter , room temperature
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan combine milk, sugar & oil. Set a timer for 1 minute and turn heat on high. Remove from stove after 1 minute. Check temperature with finger it should be warm. Not hot, not cold, warm.
- Add yeast and whisk well. Cover and allow to activate for 5 minutes. It should be foamy.
- Add 4 cups of flour (reserve 1/2 cup) mix well, cover and rise for 1 hour.
- After one hour add remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt combine well.
- Generously flour surface (with Cup 4 Cup) pour dough on floured surface and keep a bowl of water nearby. Lightly wet your fingers and work into a 12 x 8 inch rectangle.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour mixture over dough and spread evenly.
- Wet fingers again and start rolling … This will NOT be easy! Do your best!
- Generously butter pan and cut your rolls…. 6-8 depending on how well you were able to roll them.
- Place cinnamon rolls in pan, cover with towel and allow to rise another 30-60 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes