I really believed when my daughters became vegans I was going to have to work twice as hard to cook meals… Cooking for meat eaters and vegans is not that bad and actually cheaper ! This is one of our favorite dishes that can be made traditional with regular sour cream and cheese, or vegan.
Zucchini & Roasted Poblano Peppers in Cream Sauce
4-6 cups zucchini squash, seeded & cut into strips
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
2 poblano chiles, fire roasted until black, skins removed, seeds removed and cut into strips
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 cup vegan sour cream, cashew cream, or traditional sour cream
1 cup white cheese, vegan or traditional
1/4 cup water
- Cook onions until tender, around 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, poblano peppers, tomato and garlic.
- Cook until zucchini is soft.
- Add the cream, cheese and water.
- Taste and adjust salt as needed
- Serve as a side dish, on tostadas or as a yummy dip with chips.