Once you learn to make this you will never ever buy nasty canned Enchilada Sauce ! This taste perfect! You can make it as mild or as hot as you want!
Fergie’s Simple Enchilada Sauce
15 dried Anaheim or New Mexico chiles, stems removed
10-20 dried Serrano peppers (the more you add the spicier), stems removed
1 gallon water
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon oregano
- Bring gallon of water to a boil.
- Once the water boils turn off heat and add the chiles.
- Weigh them down with a plate and cover the pan (see pictures)
- Allow for chiles ro reconstitute at least 3 hours.
- Reserve 5 -6 cups of the chile fluid
- Strain the chiles and place into blender with 5 cups of reserved liquid, granulated garlic and sea salt.
- If using a Vitamix or Blendtec you only need to blend about 2 minutes … if you using a traditional less powered blender blend for 4-5 minutes with the 6 cups of reserved liquid.
- Strain and use or store in containers and freeze