Talk about piggy overload! This meatloaf is super moist and tender! It will become a family favorite …. I promise !
2 pounds ground pork
2 cups shredded carrots
2 celery stalks, diced small
3 green onions, chopped
1/3 cup paleo or gluten free bread crumbs
2 teaspoons sea salt
2 teaspoons salt free herb seasoning mix
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
6-8 slices of nitrate free bacon
1/4 cup organic ketchup
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Combine the ground pork, carrots, celery, green onions, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, pepper, herbs and spices. Mix until well incorporated.
- Place in loaf pan.
- Latrice the bacon over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 min.
- Remove loaf from oven.
- Mix the ketchup, maple and whole grain mustard.
- Carefully pour out excess fat.
- Pour the mixture over the top.
- Raise heat to 375
- Bake an additional 15 minutes
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before touching !