I’ve always called these Scotch Balls and I keep getting corrected (even though I obviously know the proper name)… So Scotch Eggs it is!!! I don’t use breading and I don’t fry them. I just think they taste better without all the extra carbs and fat.
6 hard boiled eggs
1 1/2 pounds pork breakfast sausage
2 tablespoons oil
- Place 6 eggs in pot, fill with water about 1/2 inch above the eggs.
- Set on high and bring to boil.
- As soon as it boils set a 1 minute timer.
- When timer goes off turn heat off and set a 5 minute timer.
- Leave eggs in water for the duration of 5 minutes. After 5 minutes rinse with cook water and peel.
- Make a log out of the pork sausage and divide into 6 even pieces.
- Wrap the sausage around the hard boiled eggs.
- Arrange the Scotch Eggs in pan or Cast Iron Skillet.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350. Drain liquid and drizzle oil over Scotch Eggs.
- Uncover and raise heat to 400 and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until golden brown.