Fergie’s Perfect Pot Roast
1 4-5 pound Chuck Roast
2 tablespoons oil or bacon fat
1/2 container organic beef broth
1 14 oz Muir Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 8 oz can roasted and diced hatch Chile
3 T Garlic Lovers @flavorgod
2 t dried oregano
1/2 t crushed red pepper
6-8 diced carrots
4-6 garlic, chopped
1 cup caramelized onions
– Start your pressure cooker on sauté/simmer. Add the oil/bacon fat. Get that nice and hot!
– Salt and Pepper your roast on both sides.
– Sear the roast well on both sides.
– Add all ingredients.
– Cancel setting and restart on Manual for 45 minutes. Cover and let the pot do its magic!!!!
– Allow pressure to release on its own.
– Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or like me with some steaming and creamy polenta!
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A PRESSURE COOKER ASK ME AND I WILL POST OVEN DIRECTIONS.