Ok… When your kid tells you how much he loves your chili you just have to share the recipe!
2 pounds grass fed ground beef
(You can mix meat cuts like 1 pound ground and 1 pound Chuck Chunks)
1 small onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14oz) can Muir Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 (15oz) Organic Pumpkin
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 cup Chicken or beef broth
1/4 cup cacao powder
– Heat a cast iron dutch oven and add the beef, onions, and garlic.
– Remove 1/2 the fat once beef is fully cooked.
– Add the chili powder, paprika, sea salt, cumin and oregano.
– Cook for at least 3 minutes on medium. Add the pumpkin, tomatoes, broth and apple cider vinegar and cacao powder.
– Simmer on low for up to 45 minutes.