I know this is probably the 3rd tomato soup recipe I have posted but my family loves Tomato Soup! I am always making it with whatever I have handy. It’s a week before our Thanksgiving Feast and I don’t want to grocery shop since I need all the space for the big meal prep next week! So here it is my friends!
Yet Another Tomato Soup
1 large can Organic Fire Roasted San MarzanoTomato’s
2 small cans Organic diced tomato’s
1 small can Organic tomato paste
1 large onion diced
2 shallots or 6-8 garlic cloves
2 carrots, peeled and diced
3-4 tablespoons oil
3 teaspoons sea salt
3 heaping teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 cups organic chicken or veggie stock
– Caramelize onions, shallots or garlic, and carrots until soft and golden brown.
– Add all the spices, herbs and salt and cook another minute or so. I like doing this because I feel like it really brings the flavor out of herbs and spices.
– Turn heat off and add the tomatoes and tomato paste.
– Blend in batches.
– Put blended mixture back in pot and add the stock.
– Allow to simmer on low for 15 minutes.