I picked 3 pounds of tomatoes from the garden this morning. First thing that came to mind was sauce !!!! My bestest friend in the whole world recently bought an Instant Pot and is always looking for recipes… So here you go love! The rest of you that don’t have a pressure cooker can make this on the stove so don’t fret!
3 pounds fresh tomatoes, large diced
1 large onion, diced
8 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 6 oz can organic, unsalted tomato paste
2 cups water
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 cups fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- Heat oil in pressure cooker and add the onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute or so.
- Add the tomatoes, water and sea salt.
- Set for 30 minutes on manual.
- Release steam and unplug to allow to cool for 2 hours. Then you can open!
- Place in Vitamix or Blendtec in batches with the basil, oregano and thyme.
- Use immediately, store in fridge on more than a week or freeze up to 6 months!