I bought a giant brisket! Honestly if you’ve never cooked one before you must!!!! It is such a money and time saver! I split in into 3 pieces and each of those will easily double duty into 2 meals ! I prepped this brisket piece and cooked it in my Instant Pot and served half of it for dinner tonight and saving the other half for BBQ Shredded Beef another night. Here is how I did it.
1 Beef Brisket (3-5 pounds)
2 onions sliced thin
8-10 garlic cloves
1 fennel bulb, cored and sliced thin
1 cup beef or chicken stock
1/4 cup soy sauce, tamari, or coconut amigos
1/4 cup red wine or apple cider vinegar
1 8-ounce can of organic tomato sauce
4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons sea salt
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
4-6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- Throw it all (except the carrots) into your pressure cooker and set for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes release pressure and open pot. Stir everything and add the carrots to pot.
- Seal again and set for another 35 minutes.
- When completed release pressure and take the brisket out and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing or shredding.
- Serve with meat juices and cooked carrots over mashed potatoes.
- The remaining brisket can be shredded or frozen whole and used for another dinner.