The kids and I are headed to friends house for a 4th of July Bash & BBQ ! I made this delicious pasta salad jam packed with veggies (shhhhh no one will know). I used regular pasta but please fill free to use your favorite gluten free pasta!
6-7 leaves of kale, with stems
1 cup fresh basil
6 garlic cloves
2 sprigs thyme (whole)
2 tablespoons fresh oregano
Juice of 1 large lemon
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook your pasta according to instructions. Once cooked place in colander and rinse with cold water to cool down.
- Place everything but olive oil in food processor and pulse.
- Open top and scrap the sides to make sure everything is getting properly incorporated.
- Close top and begin to drizzle in oil.
- Once all the oil is mixed in stop machine and you my friend are done!
- Mix with pasta!
- You can add shredded chicken, shrimp, other veggies like cucumbers and tomatoes. Be creative!
- This also makes a great dip!