Over the summer I told the kids I would cook from a different Country or Region of the world everyday! Today was Spain. This is my take on a delicious dish called “Fideua” or Seafood Pasta. It came out delicious ! The kids all loved it too !
1 onion, minced
2 carrots, peeled and cubed tiny
12 garlic cloves (yes 12), minced
4 tablespoons Kerrygold Butter
4 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1 (12oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed (I dried mine and tossed in some olive oil, salt and pepper and seared them on indoor grill for extra flavor and color)
2 cans of clams or 3 pounds fresh clams
1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 12 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon Real Saffron
1 pound gluten free pasta of your choice
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and butter.
- Start water for pasta. Once it boils add 2 tablespoons sea salt
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot.
- Cook on low until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Add the artichokes and tomato
- If you are going to cook your shrimp like I did you can do it now.
- Add your pasta to the salted boiling water.
- While your pasta is cooking add the clams and shrimp to you skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on high.
- Add the saffron and paprika.
- Adjust salt.
- In a large bowl combine the parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, capers, sauce and cheese.
- Toss and serve immediately !