I made this awesome, hearty casserole for dinner tonight… I had to go pick up my friends house keys (I am chicken sitting for a few weeks) so I threw in my counter top convection oven and set the timer! We came home to a wonderful smell and dinner ready to go!
1 whole onion, diced
4-5 tablespoons oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 pound chorizo (I make my own but any whole30 approved sausage will do)
1 large can whole San Marzano Tomatoes, blended
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 ounces Kerrygold cheese , if not whole30
4 large eggs, beaten
- In a large cast iron skillet heat the oil and add the onions. Cook on low for about 20-30 minutes until onions are nice and Caramelized.
- Add the garlic and the chorizo, cook until chorizo is fully cooked.
- Set aside and allow to cool a bit.
- In large bowl combine the spaghetti squash threads, the chorizo, onions, garlic, blended tomatoes, eggs and cheese if you are using it.
- Pour back in cast iron skillet and bake for 40 minutes in a 400 degree oven.