I had such a craving for carrot cake today! I thought of it all day! I came so close to buying a nasty generic piece of carrot cake at the grocery store, but I resisted! So I literally through this together and it’s perfect! Just perfect!
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons vanilla
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup carrot purée
1 cup ottos cassava flour
1 cup sweet potato flour
3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup natural white chocolate chips (optional)
- In your mixer cream the coconut sugar and coconut oil.
- Add the maple syrup and eggs one at a time.
- Turn off mixer and add the almond milk and apple cider.
- In a separate bowl mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Turn the mixer on low and add the dry ingredients followed by the shredded carrots, carrot purée, coconut and white chocolate chips.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until center is firm and toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool.