I’ve been playing in the kitchen all morning trying to find a nut free, coconut free, gluten free bread that my children will actually eat!!! If it even remotely taste gluten free my girls won’t touch it! I keep thinking about what my kids like, thin, chewy, soft and delicious ! So I thought… Pancake!!!! You will be amazed!
1 cup cassava flour
1 cup sweet potato flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 eggs, slightly scrambled
1 1/2 cups milk, almond, hemp, rice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup melted ghee
1 tablespoon honey
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Mix the two gently but do not over mix.
- Cover the batter and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet and brush with melted ghee.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop a nice sized dollop and spread out a bit.
- Cook until the edges are nice and bubbly.
- Flip and cook until both sides are nice and golden brown.
- Makes 12 pancakes.
- You can use as a vehicle for hamburger, sandwich, breakfast sandwich honestly go crazy!