1 (2-3 lb) pork shoulder
1 whole onion, sliced
6 garlic cloves, whole
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
4 tablespoons ghee
– Melt the ghee in cast iron pot or oven safe pot with lid.
– Brown the roast on all sides.
– Season all sides evenly with the above mentioned seasonings.
– Add the onions, garlic, vinegar and water.
– Cover and bake in 400 degree oven for 45 minutes … Take out of oven and turn roast … Cover and bake another 45 minutes.
– Take out of oven and DO NOT UNCOVER !!! Leave covered for at least 15-20 minutes.