I was trying to make something amazing with my persimmons other than cookies or bread! I thought I would make some BBQ sauce but it ended up tasting more like an amazing ketchup!!!! You must make this !!!
8 persimmons, the softer the better, cubed with skins
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
5 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
– Sauté until the onions are soft
1 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons tomato paste (can omit if AIP)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
– Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
– Cook until reduced to half
– Allow to cool and blend in high power blender (VitaMix or Blendtec)
– Store in covered container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or freeze what you are not going to use.