My son will eat mushrooms however he can get them … I must say my mushroom soup is pretty damn amazing … Not only is this soup ridiculous but it doubles as a muchroom gravy …. Yes … The heavens just parted and you are hearing the Angels sing!
1 onion, diced
1 fennel, diced
4 carrots, peeled and diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 container crimini mushrooms, 8 oz
3-4 cups chicken or vegetable stock or broth
Salt & Pepper
3 tablespoons fat
– Heat the fat and add the onions, fennel, carrots and garlic… Cook until soft and caramelized
– Set aside 4 mushrooms, chop them and set them aside.
– Chop the remaining mushrooms and add to the onion mixture. Cook until mushrooms are soft and set aside to cool.
– Once everything is cool place the vegetables in high speed blender like VitaMix or Blentec … Add 3 cups of broth/stock for gravy and 4 cups for soup. Blend until smooth.
– Pour the blended mixture into pot with remaining mushrooms and bring to a simmer.
– Enjoy in a nice bowl or pour over some delicious mashed taters!