For this recipe I recommend a pressure cooker… You can however use an enameled cast iron dutch oven. This roast is easy to make and if you have a pressure cooker you can rest assured you’ll be eating dinner in under an hour!
2-4 pound beef roast
1 onion, sliced
1 fennel bulb, sliced
4-5 carrots, cut into chunks
1 cup bone broth, chicken or beef stock
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 teaspoons oregano, dried and crushed
– Place 1/2 of the sliced onions at the bottom of pressure cooker or cast iron Dutch oven.
– Salt the roast well on both sides and place over onions.
– Pour the vinegar and broth or stock and place the remaining ingredients over the roast.
– If using pressure cooker… Set on high pressure for 50 minutes.
If using Dutch oven cover and place in 325 degree oven for 2-3 hours depending on size of roast.
– Enjoy with some roasted spaghetti squash!