My kids came home from school cold and sniffly… Emergency tomato soup to the rescue! Takes 30 minutes tops!
8 cups homemade chicken stock
8 Roma tomatoes, cut into large chunks
1 large onion, rough chopped
6-8 garlic cloves, whole
1 cup carrots, chopped
2 cups crushed tomatoes
4 tablespoons cooking oil (I use avocado)
1 teaspoon dry oregano
1 teaspoon dry basil
1/2 can full fat coconut milk
– Heat the oil and cook the onions, carrots, garlic, and Roma’s until soft (about 10 minutes) add the crushed tomatoes and cook an additional 5 minutes
– While that is cooking bring your stock to a boil.
– Blend the tomato mixture, and dry herbs well until smooth.
– Pour into stock and add the coconut milk.
– Bring to a simmer and serve!