Jacqueline’s been bugging me to take her to Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles … I don’t think they have one item on their menu that is even remotely gluten free or paleo and since I have been craving carrot cake I decided to combine her craving with mine … My first attempt at the waffles was a total fail… But I think I may have nailed it. Let me know if you like it.
2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
6 tablespoons almond meal
6 tablespoons coconut flour
3 tablespoons tapioca flour
4 tablespoons maple syrup
4 heaping tablespoons almond butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup almond milk with 2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar
– Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
– Cook waffles according to your waffle maker instructions.
Perfect Crispy No Fry Chicken
12 Chicken Pieces
4 tablespoons bacon fat
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon chile powder
1 teaspoon ground pepper
– Toss chicken and all other ingredients well.
– Place chicken pieces on a rack and bake at 425 for 22 minutes and then turn. Bake an additional 22 minutes.
– At this point the chicken should be fully cooked… You can keep it in the oven and continue to flip every 5 minutes until you achieve the perfect crispness!!!!