I love taking traditional dishes and making them my own, with the flavors and textures I know my family will love. This is a prefect example of such! My kids licked their plates, I mean that in a literal sense too!
4 tablespoons ghee
1 tablespoon oil, coconut, olive or avocado
Caramelized onions from above
2 tablespoons tahini
3 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Warm chicken stock
BEEF PATTIES :
1 lb grass fed organic ground beef
3 tablespoons of caramelized onions
1 tablespoon tamari
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
CAULIFLOWER RICE :
1/2 Cauliflower, grated
2 tablespoons ghee
– Begin by chopping the 2 onions nice and small
– Heat a cast iron pan, add ghee, oil and onions… Set timer for 20 minutes and cook on medium low stirring every 5 minutes… Follow pictures.
– When onions are done pour all but 3 tablespoons in blender jar, set aside. DO NOT WASH PAN!!!!!
– In a bowl combine the beef, caramelized onions, tablespoon of tamari, granulated garlic, and pepper. Once combined make 9-10 meatballs.
– Reheat the pan used to make onions and place 5-6 meatballs in pan. Smash down with spatula and cook. Repeat until all patties are done. Set patties on plate and put aside. DO NOT WASH PAN.
– Take about 5-6 cups of stock and begin to simmer in a pot.
– To onions in blender add 3 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons tahini, and tamari. Blend until smooth.
– In the same pan add 2 tablespoons ghee and add the onion paste…. Cook for about a minute.
– Begin to add a ladle full of hot stock to cooked paste until your reach the gravy texture you desire, remember to save at least 1 ladle of stock for cauliflower rice. Set gravy aside.
– To make cauliflower heat a tablespoon or two of ghee in skillet, add grated rice and cook on high. I like to add bits of stock as I cook it. Set aside.
– Make your sunny side up eggs.
– Rice at the bottom, patty, gravy, and top with egg!