I never ever liked eggplant when I was a kid. To be honest with you I don’t think my beautiful momma really knew how to cook it! I make this for the kids all the time (mind you they don’t know it’s eggplant, tee hee) I use it as a dip, pasta sauce, sandwich spread, pizza sauce, you will make this again and again!
1 large or 2 medium eggplant, diced
2 red onions, diced
4-6 garlic cloves
1 jalapeño, diced
2-4 Roma tomatoes
3 tablespoons tomato paste
Salt and Pepper to taste
– Heat about 4-6 tablespoons olive oil and add the eggplant, onions, garlic and jalapeño.
– Cook on medium for about 25-30 minutes until the onions are soft and everything is nice and caramelized.
– Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper
– Cook down for another 10-12 minutes.
– Blend until smooth and Go Eat!