1 whole chicken cut into pieces (save the carcass)
1 white onion, sliced thin
1 whole garlic head, peeled and sliced
5-8 carrots, peeled and died
4 tablespoons oil (I used avocado)
1 cup water
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
– Heat the 4 tablespoons of oil and add the chicken pieces (don’t forget to salt and pepper the meat)
– Brown the chicken on both sides and remove from pan.
– In the same skillet cook the onions until soft and tender.
– Add the garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes.
– Add the cup of water, don’t forget to scrape the bottom of pan.
– Add the chicken back in the pan as well as the carrots and balsamic vinegar.
– Cover and simmer on medium heat for 25-30 minutes
– Don’t forget to make stock with the carcass!!! I added about 10 cups water, onions, carrots, celery, peppercorns, fennel seed, oregano, bay leaf and sea salt!!! I simmer for about 6 hours!!!