I love my Hispanic roots, but what I love even more is the food that comes with those roots! I love that I am still able to cook delicious dishes and keep them paleo. This dish has 5 ingredients! Super easy to make and a sure favorite !!!
1 1/2 – 2 pound pork shoulder (boneless)
1 small can of chipotle peppers
6-7 garlic cloves
2 cups good chicken stock
Pinch of oregano
– Cube the pork into small, bite size pieces.
– Heat a large skillet and throw the pork in… Add about a cup of water and turn the heat on high…. The pork will cook and the water will begin to evaporate… When this happens the pork will begin to release the fat which will crisp up your pork and make it a pretty golden brown color.
– While that magic happens blend the chicken stock, oregano, garlic and chipotle peppers ( keep in mind chipotle are super spicy!!! It’s always easier to add than it is to take away). Blend until smooth!
– Once your pork is gold brown … Strain all the fat… This fat is lard and if you used organic pork like I did, you can reserve the fat, store it in the fridge and cook with it.
– Pour the sauce into the drained pork, cover and simmer. You may add more stock if you would like it a little runnier! Simmer for at least 5 minutes or up to 15 on low heat.
Let me know what you think!!!!