Paleo Creamy Curry Chicken

One of my absolutely favorite Indian dishes is Butter Chicken … Which is wonderfully delicious but unfortunately full of ingredients I can’t have on the whole9 program. I hope you love it as much as my family and I do!!!

1 large onion, about 1 1/2 cups

20130411-145610.jpg

20130411-145622.jpg

20130411-145635.jpg

20130411-145648.jpg

20130411-145658.jpg

20130411-145708.jpg

– Cook the onions is about 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil, cook until tender… about 5-6 minutes

– Add the garlic and the chicken , cook another 5-6 minutes

– Add the spices and cook for another 2-3 minutes

– Add the cilantro then the coconut milk, simmer for 10 minutes on low… DONE

Advertisements

19 Comments Add yours

1. Nicole Riggle says:

Sent from my iPhone

2. Oh yummmm! I’ll give this a whirl when hubs is home, its a fav of his 🙂

3. Christine says:

What do you serve it with in place of rice?

1. fergiesbites says:

Cauliflower rice… roasted veggies…

4. Mali Farraj says:

Amazing!!! Jut made this. The best I’ve ever had, if i do say so myself lol. Thanks! ! This will defiantly be a frequent meal now that i know how to make it!!!

5. Sarah says:

I made this for dinner last night and it was so yummy. I know I shouldn’t review a recipe unless I follow it to the “T” but it was a hit in my home. I decreased the onion to about 1/2 cup and decreased the spices by just a bit. It was so flavourful and quick to make. My 10yo daughter asked to take the leftovers in her lunch the next day at school. My husband says this is now one of his top 3 fav dinners, Successs!! I would recommend this as a quick week night dinner. I have forwarded this recipe to friend on Facebook and Pinterest.

1. fergiesbites says:

That’s amazing Sarah! I believe in modifying recipes to suit our needs 100% ! I love that! Thank you for the feedback!

6. sarah says:

I have curry paste. Do I use the same amount as stated for powder? I have never used it before and don’t want it to be too spicy for the family.

1. fergiesbites says:

I would add a tablespoon at a time … Only because I am not sure. You can always add… It’s harder to take away…

2. fergiesbites says:

I would add a bit at a time because I am not sure since I’ve never used it ! Let me know what you come up with and I will add in recipe

7. hinemoana says:

I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious. I’m not too keen on lots of spice so halved the spice measurements. It was delicious. Thanks so much for this recipe. Both my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1. fergiesbites says:

So glad you liked it!!! Xoxo

8. Holly says:

Absolutely delicious! And so easy 🙂

9. Kasey Elder says:

This was really really really good! I would like to add just a small amount of potato next time…

10. Julie says:

This is the most amazing dish. The best chicken curry I’ve ever had.

1. fergiesbites says:

Thank you! I appreciate that!

11. Lynnia says:

Thank you for the awesome recipe. I added carrots, fish sauce and cauliflower to the recipe and served it with noodles.

12. Lynnia says: