My family loves full fat cream sauces that are jam packed with butter, cream and cheese! Yep… I said it! They do! I found a way to make them the delicious creamy texture they crave with all the junk! Check this easy recipe out and let me know what you think!
2 Pounds of Boneless Skinless Chicken, Cut into Pieces
1/2 Pound Bacon, Cut into Small Pieces
1 Whole Butternut Squash, Peeled and Cubed
1 Whole Large Onion, Diced
3-5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1/2 Can Organic Coconut Milk
Salt & Pepper to Taste
– Heat a thick bottomed pan and add the bacon, cook until crisp
– In a separate pan take about 2 Tablespoons of the bacon fat and brown the chicken
– Add the butternut squash, onion and garlic to the bacon pan.
– Cook until butternut squash is soft and tender.
– Add the chicken and deglaze the pan with 1/2 – 3/4 of water or chicken stock.
– Add coconut milk and simmer for a couple of minutes.