There is nothing I love more than a good, flavorful roasted chicken. I hope this recipe helps you!
1 organic chicken, back bone removed and spatchcocked
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Whisk the oil, salt, pepper and herbs
- I wrap my countertop in plastic wrap for easy cleanup.
- Remove the back bone with a sharp knife or kitchen shears.
- Carefully separate the skin from the chicken. Breast. Massage some of the herb mixture underneath the skins … pour and rub or brush the remainder of the mixture on the whole chicken … inside and out.
- Don’t forget to season all sides of chicken
- I never ever cook chicken by time always by temp. These probe thermometers work amazing … I set for desired temp and always end up with the most delicious chicken.
- I roast at 400 for the first 15 minutes then drop temp to 375