My kids go nuts when I make this. Funny thing is it’s seriously the easiest recipe I know! Before my Instant Pot it would take over an hour to make… now it takes about 35 minutes!
2-3 pounds of chicken, whole, thighs, breast, drumsticks, whatever you prefer
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
4 cups water
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin
3 oz. California or New Mexico dried Chile pods
– Place the chicken, onion, garlic, water, oregano, sea salt and cumin in pressure cooker and set on manual for 25 minutes.
– When cycle is complete release the pressure and carefully remove the chicken pieces. Set aside.
– Add the dried chile pods and reset on manual for 5 minutes.
– When cycle is complete release the pressure and carefully place the entire contents liquid and all in blender.
– Allow to cool for a bit and blend well for at least 2 minutes on high.
– Place the chicken back into pressure cooker, place a fine strainer over the chicken and strain the chile sauce over the chicken.
– Keep on warm setting until ready to serve