Such a simple breakfast! Easy to make and absolutely exquisite! Sweet potatoes mixed with russet, spicy jalapeño and peppery bacon!
6 strips bacon, diced
1/2 sweet onion, minced
1 sweet potato, cubed small
1 large russet, cubed small
1 jalapeño, minced
3 green onions, diced
Flavor God to taste
- Heat a large cast iron skillet and add the bacon and sweet onion. Cook just before the bacon starts to crisp.
- Add the remaining ingredients until the potatoes are golden brown and start to crisp.
- Serve with a farm fresh egg over the top!!!
It still amazes me when I take such simple ingredients and something amazing comes of it . This dish took 2 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes in convection oven ! You are going to LOVE this !
4 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
2 tablespoons oil
4 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
Salt & Pepper
- Place the carrots and fennel in bowl and toss with oil.
- Salt and pepper the chicken on both sides.
- Place the chicken in skillet and arrange the carrots and fennel over the top.
- Place the skillet uncovered in a 450 oven until golden brown.
- That’s it !
I made this awesome, hearty casserole for dinner tonight… I had to go pick up my friends house keys (I am chicken sitting for a few weeks) so I threw in my counter top convection oven and set the timer! We came home to a wonderful smell and dinner ready to go!
1 roasted spaghetti squash, threaded and out of shell
1 whole onion, diced
4-5 tablespoons oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 pound chorizo (I make my own but any whole30 approved sausage will do)
1 large can whole San Marzano Tomatoes, blended
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 ounces Kerrygold cheese , if not whole30
4 large eggs, beaten
- In a large cast iron skillet heat the oil and add the onions. Cook on low for about 20-30 minutes until onions are nice and Caramelized.
- Add the garlic and the chorizo, cook until chorizo is fully cooked.
- Set aside and allow to cool a bit.
- In large bowl combine the spaghetti squash threads, the chorizo, onions, garlic, blended tomatoes, eggs and cheese if you are using it.
- Pour back in cast iron skillet and bake for 40 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Beware! This is crazy good! I am in awwww at the creamy, chocolate goodness ! Please share and comment what you think!
1 cup hot almond, coconut or cashew milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon cacao
1 tablespoon Raw CaCoCo
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat almond milk to almost boiling.
- In blender combine all ingredients and blend until thick and smooth (about 1 minute)
I have been trying to properly balance my meals with good carbs and plenty of protein, especially in the mornings with breakfast! Here is a simple and delicious way to do just that!
4 slices of bacon, chopped
1 small zucchini, diced
1-4 tablespoons of salsa (I used Costco’s Del Real Salsa)
4-5 pastured eggs, scrambled
- Heat a cast iron skillet, add the bacon and cook until almost crispy. Remove some of the fat (leave about a tablespoon in pan)
- Add the diced zucchini and cook for 1 minute (don’t over cook, you want your zucchini to have a but of a bite)
- Add the salsa and cook another minute.
- Pour the eggs and cook for 1 minute. Turn off flame and continue to cook in hot skillet.
My son Jacob wants to start a whole30 with me on May 1st… He loves taking my ginger shots when he is sick and I thought I would make him a special ginger shot to give him an immune boosting kick that will help get him through a whole 30!
1/2 cup organic ACV
1/2 cup local honey
2 inch piece of fresh ginger
Juice of 1 organic lemon
2 teaspoons turmeric
Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Blend !!!
- Take 3-4 shots a day
- Store in air tight jar in refrigerator
I love days when I have all the time in the world to play in the kitchen and come up with dishes my family will love! Earlier I made a delicious Cauli Mac & Cheese … I won’t be posting the recipe (not paleo) but you can find the recipe on my Instagram @fergiesbites ! This recipe is hearty and amazing ! Make a day before bake day of.
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced on mandoline
1/2 onion, sliced on mandoline
3-4 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup pesto
1/2 cup coconut milk
8 oz Kerrygold Cheese, grated
- Toss sweet potatoes and onions in oil, spread on parchment covered sheet pan and bake in 375 oven until tender and slightly brown.
- Allow to cool when done.
- In a bowl whisk together pesto, coconut milk and eggs.
- Begin layering in a well seasoned, greased, cast iron pan..
- Pototoes and onions, chicken, cheese…. Continue layering until potatoes cheese and chicken are used up… (Save some cheese for the top)
- Pour the pesto, coconut milk and egg mixture right over the top… Spread evenly and top with cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes uncovered!!!
Don’t forget to kiss the cook!