Potatoes any way you make them are always a sure hit at dinner time. I try to get creative and not always serve them the same way every time! This dish just came to be and I am happy everyone loved it … So now it’s time to share with all of you!
2 pounds organic baby red potatoes, cut into 1/4 pieces
1 small onion, sliced thin
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons kerrygold butter
3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1 teaspoon thyme, finely chopped
1 teaspoon oregano, finely chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/4 cup mayo
2 tablespoons Dijon Mistard
Flavorgod or salt & pepper
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet.
- Add the potatoes and onions.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes start to brown and get soft.
- Add the garlic, herbs, Flavorgod and or salt and pepper.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the potato mixture into bowl, while hot add the mayo and Parmesan.
- Serve immediately!
Over the summer I told the kids I would cook from a different Country or Region of the world everyday! Today was Spain. This is my take on a delicious dish called “Fideua” or Seafood Pasta. It came out delicious ! The kids all loved it too !
1 onion, minced
2 carrots, peeled and cubed tiny
12 garlic cloves (yes 12), minced
4 tablespoons Kerrygold Butter
4 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1 (12oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed (I dried mine and tossed in some olive oil, salt and pepper and seared them on indoor grill for extra flavor and color)
2 cans of clams or 3 pounds fresh clams
1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 12 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon Real Saffron
1 pound gluten free pasta of your choice
1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and butter.
- Start water for pasta. Once it boils add 2 tablespoons sea salt
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot.
- Cook on low until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Add the artichokes and tomato
- If you are going to cook your shrimp like I did you can do it now.
- Add your pasta to the salted boiling water.
- While your pasta is cooking add the clams and shrimp to you skillet. Cook for 2 minutes on high.
- Add the saffron and paprika.
- Adjust salt.
- In a large bowl combine the parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, capers, sauce and cheese.
- Toss and serve immediately !
I am all about preparing so I’m not rushing later! Feeding my family awesome meals is of the upmost importance to me! You can make this the night before… Put in refrigerator and bake the next day! Great if you are expecting company for breakfast or just have a busy morning ahead of you!
4 sweet potato or russet potatoes, sliced thin in mandolin
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread the potatoes out evenly and drizzle with olive or avocado oil.
- Cook at 400 degrees until potatoes are done and some are a bit crispy.
- You can also do this on a skillet but the oven is much quicker!
- Set aside.
4 cups fresh organic spinach, chopped
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
1 cup shredded cheese, I always use Kerrygold Cheddar
6 eggs, scrambled
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Sauté spinach for about 1 minute until wilted and set aside.
- Cook the bacon and chicken and set aside.
- Scramble the eggs and set aside
- Spray or oil a cast iron skillet or 12 inch pan.
- Layer 1/2 the cooked potatoes at the bottom of pan, followed by 1/2 of the chicken and bacon, 1/2 of the spinach, half of the cheese… Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and allow to sit at least 10 minutes before slicing.
I made an awesome stew for dinner last night … I was trying to figure out what to do with it this morning (since my children won’t eat leftovers) … I ended up having to make to whole skillets full! Seriously delicious! You can make this fried rice with pretty much any leftover meat and rice.
4 cups cooked white or brown rice
1 cup cooked chicken, beef, or pork, finely chopped or shredded
4 green onions, finely chopped
4 large eggs, scrambled
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup Tamari or coconut aminos
2 tablespoons fish sauce (Red Boat)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and cook eggs.
- Pour the remaining oil in skillet and the remaining ingredients and stir fry on high for 3-4 minutes until heated throughly !
I know it’s summer and super hot to make stew but this Instant Pot makes it so easy and does not make my kitchen hot. Honestly beef stew in 35 minutes?
2 pounds grass-fed beef chuck, cut into 3 inch chucks
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
1/2 cabbage, cut into 4-6 large chucks
4-6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
8 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
4 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup chicken stock or broth
3-4 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon fresh crushed pepper
2 teaspoons oregano
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Throw it all in Instant Pot.
- Set on Meat/Stew for 35 minutes.
- Eat It!!!
I have family in Baja California. So much of my childhood was spent at the beaches of Rosaito and Ensenada … Not to enjoy the surf and and but to EAT!!!! Oh the food! Campechanas, ceviche, fried whole fish and lobster! But my all time favorite was the battered fish and chips! Here is my gluten free take on this AMAZING dish!
1 pound cod, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 cup Ottos Cassava Flour plus a little more for dusting.
1/2 cup arrowroot powder
2 teaspoons Flavor God Seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
3/4. – 1 cup mineral water (like Topo Chico)
Palm Shortening for frying
- Dry dish pieces with paper towels and set aside.
- Whisk the cassava flour, arrowroot powder, 2 eggs, flavorgod, baking powder, mustard powder, and enough mineral water to make a thick, pancake like consistency.
- Heat the palm shortening.
- Toss the fish in a couple tablespoons cassava flour and then throw a few pieces at a time into batter and then in hot shortening.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown. About 2-3 minutes each side.
- Drain for a few minutes and serve.
There is really no magic or special recipe for coleslaw… It’s about as simple as it comes… This one bowl salad is very tangy and sweet… Super easy to make!
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cabbage, finely shredded
2 carrots, shredded
2 green onions, finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients except for the vegetables.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add the cabbage, carrots and green onions.
- Toss with dressing and serve right away.
- Serve over fish and chips, tacos, or just by itself!