I somehow lost the pictures I had edited for my leek gravy so you will have to just take my word for it.
4 leeks, washed, roots and dark green part removed, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 fennel bulb, sliced
5 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 garlic cloves
5 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1 1/2 to 3 cups rich chicken stock or broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the leeks, onion, fennel, garlic, carrots, oil, salt and pepper until soft, golden brown and caramelized.
- Place the caramelized vegetables in a high power blender like a VitaMix or a Blentec … Turn on and slowly add broth or stock until you reach the perfect gravy consistency you want!
Serve over delicious warm mash!
My son will eat mushrooms however he can get them … I must say my mushroom soup is pretty damn amazing … Not only is this soup ridiculous but it doubles as a muchroom gravy …. Yes … The heavens just parted and you are hearing the Angels sing!
1 onion, diced
1 fennel, diced
4 carrots, peeled and diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 container crimini mushrooms, 8 oz
3-4 cups chicken or vegetable stock or broth
Salt & Pepper
3 tablespoons fat
- Heat the fat and add the onions, fennel, carrots and garlic… Cook until soft and caramelized
- Set aside 4 mushrooms, chop them and set them aside.
- Chop the remaining mushrooms and add to the onion mixture. Cook until mushrooms are soft and set aside to cool.
- Once everything is cool place the vegetables in high speed blender like VitaMix or Blentec … Add 3 cups of broth/stock for gravy and 4 cups for soup. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into pot with remaining mushrooms and bring to a simmer.
- Enjoy in a nice bowl or pour over some delicious mashed taters!
I am trying to cook on a budget these days … AIP can get a little pricey! This meal is amazing, simple and easy to make but best of all $2.37 a serving! Wwwwaaaaaaa!
1 whole roasted, back down cut off
6 organic carrots, peeled and chopped
1 delicata squash, peeled and chopped
1 whole onion, sliced
1 fennel, sliced
1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced
2 containers organic chicken broth
4 tablespoons melted ghee
2 tablespoons Flavorgod Seasoning
2 tablespoons sea salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a large bowl Mix all the veggies with 2 tablespoons ghee, 1 tablespoon Flavorgod, 1 teaspoon sea salt, oregano and ground pepper.
- Place the mixed vegetables at the bottom of roasting pan and spread out evenly.
- Place the chicken on vegetables and smoother in remaining ghee, Flavorgod and sea salt.
- Bake in 400 degree oven until the inner chicken temp is 165 degrees or about 45-55 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from pan…
- Blend the veggies in 3 batches with the 2 containers of chicken broth. Pour into large pan and bring to simmer. Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Cut chicken into pieces and serve with soup!
3 cups organic, non gmo jasmine rice
5 cups water
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 pound ground pork
5 slices bacon, chopped
4 garlic cloves
2 carrots, peeled and cubed
1/2 bunch of kale
1/2 red onion
5 tablespoons avocado oil
5 tablespoons coconut aminos
2-5 tablespoons fish sauce, I use Red Boat Fish Sauce
4 eggs, scrambled with 1 tablespoon seasoning salt, I used Flavorgod Garlic
- Rinse rice well until water runs clear.
– Place rice, water and oil in a pan and bring to a boil. Subsequently reduce to low and over.
– When all liquid is absorbed turn heat off and keep covered for at least 30 minutes.
– In food processor mince the onion, carrot, kale and garlic.
– Heat a large wok or skillet and add the ground pork and sliced bacon.
– Keep on high heat and add the minced vegetables.
– Cook on high for about 3-4 minutes.
– In a separate skillet cook eggs to scrambled perfection.
– Keeping the heat on high add the cooked rice, scrambled eggs, oil, coconut aminos and fish sauce … Toss quickly until everything is mixed and coated !
Serve and enjoy!
I know that lamb has a very strong flavor and a lot of people shy away from eating lamb because of that… Until now!!!! Wooo Hooo! Wait till you try these little beauties !
1 pound grassfed ground lamb
1 pound organic ground chicken
4 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup caramelized onions
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon sea salt
- Mix all ingredients.
– Allow flavors to marry in refrigerator for at least an hour.
– Shape the meatballs and cook in heavy and hot cast iron pan. Until fully cooked.
If you know me even a little bit I am a HUGE fan of my pressure cooker. Dishes that would normally take me 2-3 hours to make I can have done and served in under an hour. I don’t know about you… but I am a busy Momma and Wife… but that should never stop you from making your family amazing food! Make this and you will be adored !
1 2-4 pound pork roast, butt or
1 onion, sliced thinly
4 green onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
3 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
3 sprigs of thyme
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup stock, veg, chicken or beef
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
- Cut the roast into 4 equal parts.
- Place all your ingredients in pressure cooker and set for 50 minutes.
- Allow the pork to sit in pressure cooker until it releases pressure slowly and on its own.
I have been on AIP for 29 days today… “Yeay!!!” But lets be real and face it… I am getting a bit bored. Although my meals are tasty and usually exciting, I find myself craving more… I miss smothering my food with yummy sauces, having something to dip my veggies in or better yet a wonderful dressing for a delicious salad. So here you have it…
1 cup roasted squash, delicata, acorn, butternut
¾ cup water
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
3 green onions
2 tablespoons cilantro
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
- You really must use a high power blender to get a nice smooth texture.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Enjoy on pretty much anything!
Nothing makes me happier than adding veggies to my kids meals! Making them delicious and beautiful is the key! Try this and tell me what you think!
1 cup roasted spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons bacon fat
- Heat 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in cast iron or non stick pan.
- Divide spaghetti squash into 2 mounds and make a well in between both.
- Divide the remaining bacon fat right into the well.
- Crack eggs into the wells. Make sure the heat is set to medium. Cover for 1 minute.
- Carefully flip and turn up heat. Cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle your favorite Flavorgod seasoning… I used the Spicy Blend !
I’m not claiming that my way is the right way but it’s pretty darn close to perfect ! Cooks evenly, quickly and perfectly!
– Cut the ends off of a spaghetti squash.
– Cut into thick slices as shown.
– With a spoon scrap the seeds out. Arrange on parchment covered cookie sheet.
– Brush olive or avocado oil.
– Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
– Turn broiler on for 3-5 minutes.
– Remove the flesh and make your favorite dishes!!!!
– Can store in refrigerator up to a week.
I was craving something thick and hearty… When I threw everything in the pressure cooker I said a little prayer and set it … When I opened it, 30 minutes later, the heavens opened up and the Angels sang “Hallelujah” ! Exactly what I envisioned !
1 pound ground chicken thighs
1 onion, diced
6 garlic cloves
3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 cups bone broth, or chicken stock
Sea Salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in pressure cooker, set for 30 minutes.