1 (2-3 lb) pork shoulder
1 whole onion, sliced
6 garlic cloves, whole
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
4 tablespoons ghee
– Melt the ghee in cast iron pot or oven safe pot with lid.
– Brown the roast on all sides.
– Season all sides evenly with the above mentioned seasonings.
– Add the onions, garlic, vinegar and water.
– Cover and bake in 400 degree oven for 45 minutes … Take out of oven and turn roast … Cover and bake another 45 minutes.
– Take out of oven and DO NOT UNCOVER !!! Leave covered for at least 15-20 minutes.
A fellow Instagrammer posted a picture of her carrying a small bottle of Dr. Bronner Castile Soap to use in public restrooms, etc … Brilliant !!! I have never seen anyone else do this and was excited she posted!!! I in turn wanted to share something else I have been doing for a year now… My son started chemotherapy to treat his Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis November of 2013 … Keeping him healthy was of upmost importance … The chemicals in antibacterial gel I cannot even pronounce and the natural ones are expensive … I read up on essential oils with antibacterial properties and came up with this list of 15
I didn’t have them all but I had more than half. I used the ones that smelled super yummy to me and came up with the perfect combination. Not to mention that coconut by itself is also antibacterial and antiviral.
3 tablespoons coconut oil
10 drops of at least 7 of the above essential oils
– Use a clean, BPA free plastic container or a small glass jar.
– Place 3 heaping tablespoons of coconut oil in container of choice and gently melt in a cup of hot water.
– Add the 10 drops of at least 7 of the essential oils mentioned above.
(I used lemon, peppermint, citronella, lemongrass, melaleuca, geranium, basil and eucalyptus)
– Place in fridge to solidify and toss in purse!
Nothing makes my son happier than steak and shrimp… My kitchen was already clean when he decided to inform me that he was “starving” ! I didn’t want to dirty the whole kitchen so one skillet meal was exactly what I needed!
1 pound steak, cut into thin strips
1/2 pound prawns, deveined and cleaned
1/2 onion, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon flavorgod lemon pepper
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
2 tablespoons oil, olive or avocado
– Heat oil and throw in the steak, shrimp, onions, Flavorgod, and paprika… Cook on high until steak is cooked to your liking.
– Sprinkle the juice of lemon and serve.
Talk about throwing something together!!!! I love tasty simple skillet meals! Hands down my favorite !!!!
1 pound Grassfed ground beef
4-5 slices of Nitraitefree bacon, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1 large sweet potato, cubed small
1/2 cabbage, diced small
1 tablespoon of your favorite Flavor God
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
– Throw the ground beef, bacon, onions, and sweet potatoes in a large skillet and cook until ground beef is fully cooked and sweet potatoes are nice and brown!
– Add the Flavorgod, cumin, chile flake and cabbage.
– Cook until cabbage is wilted and serve !
I bought my kids chocolate covered almonds the other day … At $4.99 a bag x 3, when I saw their bags disappear within 3 minutes I thought spending $15 for a few ounces of nuts and chocolate (oh btw they also had many other ingredients that were basically unnecessary chemicals) was ridiculous! This is how this recipe came to be … I always have nuts and seeds of many kinds… I buy in bulk when they are on sale. Get creative, add dry fruit, a dollop of almond butter …
1 cup nuts and seeds
1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
– Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in double broiler.
– On a piece of parchment paper arrange the nut clusters… 1 cup should divide nicely into 8-9 mounds. I seriously almost counted the nuts to make sure they were even to avoid a fight! Brats!
– I simply poured even amounts of chocolate over the nuts and seeds and gently tapped the tops with spoon so that the chocolate covered every nut and seed.
– Leave on counter for 30 minutes (if it’s nice and cool) or place in refrigerator to harden.
This is one of my kids favorite meals… Honestly any time of day … Not just breakfast!
2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 cup chicken chorizo
2-4 tablespoons ghee or your favorite fat
– Throw everything in a skillet and cook until chorizo is cooked and potatoes are soft and golden brown.
– Serve with Fried Egg on top!
My family loves a big plate of fried sweet potatoes with chorizo topped with a fried egg for breakfast! Nothing gets them out of bed in the morning faster than the smell of chorizo cooking ! This recipe is easy to make I am positive will not disappoint!
1 pound chicken, boneless and skinless, any cut will work, I prefer thighs, cubed
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chile powder
1/2 teaspoon of the following :
Crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– Use a Mortar or a Spice Grinder and combine all the spices.
– Add the garlic, spice mixture and chicken into food processor and begin pulsing… Add apple cider until well mixed.
– Refrigerate overnight for Flavors to marry!
– Freeze what you won’t use right away.
I usually make a delicious pan gravy when I bake chickens but I needed something quick and fast! So here YA go!
1 whole onion, sliced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
3 tablespoons ghee
1 tablespoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon dry sage
1/8 teaspoon oregano
Salt to Taste
1-2 cups stock
– Caramelize the onions, garlic and carrots in ghee. This should take at least 30 minutes.
– Add the spices, salt and pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes.
– Blend with 1-2 cups stock depending on how thick you want your gravy.
– Simmer for at least 5 minutes
I like to make meatloaf mixture and shape into burger patties… I add them to the gravy and simmer for 15-30 minutes and serve over mash!
This recipe is not Paleo but I just had to share!!!! Super simple, one bowl deliciousness !!!!
3 cups apples, peeled and cubed
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 1/2 cups organic raw oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
3/4 cup ghee or grassfed butter, melted
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla
– Mix everything in large bowl.
– Pour mixture into greased baking pan .
– I like to pour a little extra ghee on top before baking.
– Bake in 375 degree oven for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbly!
P.S. Add 2 eggs and a teaspoon of baking soda to make cookies!!!!
I don’t know about you but who doesn’t like spicy and creamy all mixed together in a delicious yummy versatile dish? This makes an amazing side dish and blended with a little extra coconut milk will make an amazing hot dip!
1 cauliflower, diced
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 Anaheim chiles, diced
1 jalapeño, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
– Slowly Caramelize the onions, Anaheim pepper and jalapeño.
– Add the garlic and cauliflower… Slowly cook until soft and caramelized ( take your time! Do not try to speed up this process!!! )
– Add the cilantro, turmeric, salt and pepper.
– If making the side dish add about 1/4 cup of coconut milk, stir and serve.
– If making the hot dip… Add a whole can of coconut milk and blend until smooth (may have to adjust the salt and pepper after blending)
– Serve with your favorite chips and enjoy!