I don’t know why or how I came up with this soup but I am so glad I did! The prep takes a little while if you do it by hand … If you have a food processor … Use it !
12 cups water
3 carrots, shredded
1 celery, shredded
1 fennel bulb, shredded
1 cup broccoli, shredded
- Bring water to rolling boil.
– Using the shredding blade, shred the carrots, celery, fennel, and broccoli. Set aside.
1/2 cabbage head, chopped
6 green onions, chopped
4 garlic, chopped
1/3 cilantro bunch, chopped
2 chicken breast, chopped
1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Using the metal chopping blade in food processor, chop each of the above separately … The chicken should look like ground chicken.
- Add the chicken to the boiling water, rabidly breaking up or it will clump into huge chunks … Not necessarily a bad thing but not what we are trying to accomplish.
- Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes and add all of the remaining ingredients at the same time.
- Adjust the salt to your liking… Cook for 15 minutes.
Also known as white hash, har, har, har!!!! Oh my goodness… If you don’t jump up to make this you are a fool I tell ya! So flippin amazing I can’t stop shoveling into my mouth!
2 sweet potatoes, shredded about 4-5 cups
3 tablespoons duck fat
1 whole chicken breast
4 green onions
- Shred the peeled sweet potatoes by hand or in food processor.
– In food processor grind the chicken breast and the green onions until the consistency of ground beef.
– Melt the duck fat in a cast iron pan.
– Add the meat and green onion mixture…cook until thoroughly cooked.
– Add the sweet potatoes and cook until golden brown.
– Salt to taste and serve !!!
I had shredded a giant sweet potatoes this morning for breakfast and had a ton left over … This dish is so simple to make yet delicious and so incredibly satisfying… My kids didn’t leave a bit!
2-4 cups sweet potato, shredded
1 onion, finely chopped
1 pound pork, ground
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cook the pork, onion, salt and garlic powder until pork is no longer pink.
– Add the shredded sweet potato and cook until sweet potato starts to get golden brown and crispy.
Oh so delicious and creamy… A very wholesome and nurturing dish. Really hit the spot tonight!
12-14 drumsticks or thighs
1 cup water
8 garlic cloves, minced
6-8 artichoke hearts
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley or dried
2 tablespoons tapioca flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
- I placed the drumsticks in an extra large skillet with 1 cup of water, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
– Remove the chicken and add the garlic, artichokes, chicken stock, parsley and sea salt… Simmer covered for about 10 minutes .
– Uncover and add the tapioca flour whisking immediately after.
– Add the chicken pieces back into sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is tender and the sauce is perfect and creamy!!!
This is what happens for dinner when it’s just Jake and I … I always keep Applegate Hotdogs in the freezer to make this quick and simple dinner!
1 package Applegate Organic Hotdogs, sliced, beef, turkey or chicken
1/2 onion, diced small
1/2 cauliflower, chopped small
1/2 cabbage, chopped small
3 tablespoons bacon fat
- Highly recommend you use a cast iron skillet to make this dish. Add the bacon fat and onion… Cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the hotdogs, cauliflower, and cabbage.
- Cook on med/low for about 20 minutes or until everything is soft, caramelized and amazing !
It’s always nice to have some sort of seafood stock in the freezer… I love to make Cioppino, Clam Chowder, or even a tasty Seafood Stew. I cooked some shrimp for my delicious ceviche recipe and saved the juice from cooking the shrimp and made this wonderful rich stock.
2 pounds shrimp, save the shells
12 cups water
2 tablespoons sea salt
1 celery stalk
1 red onion
2 garlic cloves
Fennel fronds (optional)
- Bring the 12 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add the sea salt and shrimp. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes. Remove shrimp and use in whatever recipe you are using.
- Bring the shrimp liquid back to a boil and add the shells, vegetables and peppercorns.
- Simmer for 2 hours or until stock has reduced 1/4 of the way.
- Freeze up to 6 months.
My cravings have been out of control since last night!! I wanted something cold, crunchy, tangy, lemony, savory… So here you have it! Hands down one of the most amazing dishes I have made in a while !!!
2 lbs wild caught shrimp, medium, peeled
2 carrots, minced in food processor
1 cucumber, peeled & seeded, minced in food processor
2 green onions, minced in food processor
1/2 red onion, minced in food processor
1/2 cilantro bunch, minced in food processor
6-8 limes, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Bring a large pot to a rolling boil, add 2 tablespoons sea salt and add shrimp. Set a timer and cook for 2 minutes. Take shrimp out and place in a bowl full of ice water.
- You can save the shrimp shells and shrimp broth to make a delicious shrimp stock… Recipe coming up next
- Mince all veggies individually in food processor… Except the cilantro you can through that in with any of the vegetables
- Juice the limes and combine all including sea salt and oregano in a large bowl.
- Allow to chill at least a couple of hours.
- Serve with some kimchi and bask in the glory of deliciousness !
Being on AIP I cannot eat eggs so guess what I have been eating for breakfast? Soup!!! It’s warm, filling and taste so good!!! This is a super simple chicken soup… Can’t wait for you to try it !!!
12 cups of water
1 whole chicken, cut up
3 tablespoons sea salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Skim the top for the first few minutes (you don’t want that nasty white stuff in your soup)
– After skimming add the oregano.
– Cook for 30 minutes, remove chicken, allow to cool and shred off bones. Do not throw away the broth!!!
1 red onion, diced
4 carrots, peeled and diced
1 fennel bulb, diced
1/2 cauliflower, chopped
4 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Cook on medium heat until veggies are soft and caramelized.
– Add the veggies and the chicken back to the broth along with the cilantro … Bring back to a boil and turn off!
Done done and done !
Day 3 on AIP and I must brag to you I feel amazing ! I thought I was going to have a rough time but so far I am rocking this shit! I decided to meal prep every 3-4 days to keep the variety going so I would stay excited and motivated ! I made these little beauties as a grab and go … Since I am usually on the go! Make them! Go! Now!!!
1 pound good quality ground pork
4 green onions, minced in food processor
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon sage, dried
1/4 teaspoon marjoram, dried
- Combine ingredients well.
– Allow to sit covered in fridge for flavors to marry and kiss each other Xoxoxoxo
– Use a cookie scoop and cook over hot skillet until golden brown on both sides
I started an Auto Immune Protocol to heal my gut! I seriously can’t take all my stomach problems and have come to the end of the road! I must find the root of the issue at hand and eliminate it ! Since cutting out sugar is a huge part of this process … I of course, in Fergie Fashion, was dying for something sweet to drink! How does the saying go… “Necessity is the Mother of Invention” … So here you have it! AIP approved blended Chai Latte! Please tell me what you think!!!! I am either delirious or this is truly amazing!!!!
2 chai tea bags, your favorite, I used Tulsi Organic India Red Chai Masala, seeped for 20 minutes in 1 cup of boiling water
4 pitted dates
1/2 cup full fat organic coconut milk, from a can
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups ice
Blend in a high power blender, VitaMix or Blendtec.
For hot chai latte, combine all ingredients minus the ice and add 1 tablespoon MCT OIL or coconut oil and blend… You can thank me later xoxo